8 more days of seed-scattering to go!
You can do it! You're almost there!
Seed of Inspiration
Each Thursday, for "Throwback Thursday," we'll bring you a biography from a seedy woman who made herstory by doing something of which it can be said, "nevertheles, she persisted." Plant this seed of inspiration within you to sustain your energy for the march we have yet ahead...
The following Seed of Inspiration is from the Jewish Women's Archive, which "documents Jewish women’s stories, elevates their voices, and inspires them to be agents of change." Their excellent podcasts, archives, lesson plans, book club, merchandise, and more will be of interest not just to Jews, but to all feminsts of regardless of gender or religion. You can explore their site and learn more about how to support their work by going to www.jwa.org.
To see the article complete with links, audio, and images, go to www.jwa.org/womenofvalor/abzug.
Seed of Action
On April 1st, the New York Times broke the news that Bill O'Reilly, Fox New's top asset, has setted five separate sexual harassment cases in the past years totalling over $13 million dollars. Two pf these settlements came after Roger Ailes was dismissed from the network in a similar sexual harassment scandal. You can read the full article by clicking here.
Since the story broke, two dozen advertizers have pulled out of his show, "The O'Reilly Factor." We're now asking you to keep the pressure on the show's advertisers and on Fox News drop O'Reilly to send a clear message to Fox News, and to the world, that sexual harassment doesn't pay.
You can do this by scattering one or more of the following seeds:
- First of all, sign the petition by Sum of Us by clicking this link to ask "Advertisers: Side with Survivors and Ditch O'Reilly."
- Share the petition on social media with the tags #DropOReilly and #SeedstoScatter.
- Share the New York Times article on social media with the tags #DropOReilly and #SeedstoScatter.
- Want to contact Fox News and tell them what you think about them keeping Bill O'Reilly? Here's a link to a site that gives you four different ways to contact Fox News!
- Want to boycott the advertisers that are still sticking with "The O'Reilly Factor?" Click here for the list. The one company I have used on the list is Weather Tech, so I sent them a polite email saying that I had really enjoyed their product and customer service in the past, but would unfortunately no longer be a customer until they pulled their advertising from "The O'Reilly Factor."
I'm planning on going on a social media haitus for the season of Eastertide, which is from Easter Sunday (April 16th) until Pentecost Sunday (June 4th), so I'll only be checking our social media accounts on Sunday, but no worries, S2S will be back!
Share S2S by email or by social media with the links below. After our march, I intend to maintain a monthly/weekly blog (haven't decided yet), with another march during the season of Advent, so we still need new scatterers to join us! Thanks for casting a seed back my way by sharing S2S!
Show us your seeds! Share with us images and stories of you scattering seeds by emailing me at email@example.com, posting on our Facebook page, or sending us a tweet @seedstoscatter! If you post as one of your seeds, tag it with #seedstoscatter, and if you donate as part of your march, mark it with Seeds to Scatter! I am so appreciative!
And above all, scatter with love!