Seed of Inspiration
Grab your popcorn because each Friday, we'll bring you a short film by some seedy women.
This very short film, called "Together We Rise," honors how feminism is passed down from one generation to the next. It was first screened at the Women's March but wasn't released online until mid-February.
Seed of Action
Take a moment to think about the women in your life who taught you about feminism and/or empowered you. Maybe it was your grandmother or your mother. Maybe it was a teacher, a clergy person, or a mentor. Maybe it was a writer or an activist. Maybe it was a friend. Take a few moments today to scatter one or more of the seeds listed below to keep the chain of women's empowerment strong:
- Call your mentor or mentee. If possible, set up a time to get together to maintain your special relationship.
- Write a thank you note to your role model, mentor, or mentee, telling them what your relationship has given you.
- Is there a woman in your life that could use your encouragement? Is there a woman in your life who has wisdom that she might share with you? Make a plan to get together with her.
- Form a peer mentoring group by emailing a few women to get together monthly for coffee or lunch for support, idea-sharing, and goal-setting.
- Join a mom's group like MOPs as a Mom or as a Mentor Mom.
- Consider volunteering your time mentoring with an organization like Big Brothers Big Sisters.
We estimate 29,012 seeds have been scattered so far! You're amazing! Don't stop now!
Keep us posted on your seedy adventures by emailing your pics or stories to email@example.com, posting on our Facebook page, or sending us an Instagram or Tweet @seedstoscatter and we'll share it with your fellow marchers!
Would you like to be featured in our occasional blurb, "Meet a Marcher?" Send your profile pic and a 1-2 sentence bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will have limited access to internet through tomorrow, so please forgive me if I'm not quick to respond!
And above all, scatter with love!