Seed of Inspiration
Each Wednesday, we'll bring you a piece of prose or poetry written by a woman. To get you psyched to "say yes" to the Women's Strike today, we're bringing you the poem, "Say Yes" by Andrea Gibson, submitted by Amy Hayes. Andrea Gibson was the first winner of the Women's World Poetry Slam, tackling subjects such as gender, sexuality, power, bullying, and white priviledge. You can learn more about Andrea on her website.
Read the poem here.
Seed of Action
Choose one or more of the following actions below to support today's International Women's Strike: A Day Without A Woman.
- If you can, stay home from work today.
- If you cannot stay home from work, wear or use the color red today, for example, red clothes, or a red ribbon.
- Participate in a local march, demonstration, or walkout.
- Strike from gender roles, such as leaving caregiving and housework.
- Try to not make any purchases today, unless absolutely necessary and/or from a Woman-owned business.
We estimate that we've already scattered 12,500 seeds! Keep up the good work! And don't worry if you miss a day. You're always welcome to join or come back! We're just so glad you're here!
We would LOVE if you could keep us posted on your marching adventures by posting a photo of yourself striking or supporting the strike today on social media using the tags: #adaywithoutawoman #womenstrikeus #womensmarch #seedstoscatter
Need to catch up on your seeds? Visit our site.
Above all, scatter with love!